New Haven Pet Hospital provides pet vaccinations for dogs and cats of all ages. Vaccinating your pet is a safe and easy way to protect your pet against harmful and potentially life threatening disease. During your pet’s wellness exam, we will review your pet’s exposure risks and recommend appropriate vaccinations specific to your pet’s needs. We want to ensure protection against deadly disease, while being sensitive to unnecessary over vaccination of your pet.
Vaccinations for Dogs
We recommend the following vaccinations for dogs. Based on your pet’s age and lifestyle, additional vaccinations are available for enhanced protection.
- Adenovirus, parvovirus, leptospirosis and parainfluenza
- Corona (intestinal disease)
- Bordetella (kennel cough)
- Recommended for any dogs that vacation at a boarding facility/kennel, go to daycare, or like to run around at the Fort Wayne Dog Park.
- Lyme disease
- Recommended for any dog at risk of tick exposure
Vaccinations for Cats
We recommend the following core vaccines for cats. Based on your pet’s lifestyle and exposure risks, other vaccines can be administered for added protection.
- Rhinotracheites, panleukopenia, chlamydia and calicivirus
- Feline Leukemia
- Recommended for outdoor cats, indoor/outdoor cats, and cats exposed to such cats. Feline Leukemia is transferred from one cat to another through saliva, blood, and to some extent, urine and feces. There is no cure for Feline Leukemia.
- Feline Infectious Virus (FIV)
- Recommended for outdoor cats. Similar to AIDS in humans, FIV severely weakens your cat’s immune system making your cat susceptible to various secondary infections. Even a common upper-respiratory infection may eventually kill a cat with FIV. There is no cure for Feline Infectious Virus.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment or to ask any questions regarding our pet vaccination services.