Veterinary Surgical Procedures
New Haven Pet Hospital offers a full range of surgical care for dogs and cats. Our most commonly performed surgeries include soft tissue, ophthalmic, and orthopedic.
Soft Tissue Surgeries
Soft tissue surgeries involve tissue and internal organs of your pet. We have extensive experience performing soft tissues surgeries including:
- Spay—removal of female sex organs for pregnancy and disease prevention.
- Neuter— removal of male sex organs for over population control and disease prevention.
- Foreign body surgery—removal of items unintentionally swallowed by your pet.
- Tumor/lump removals—surgically eliminate lumps or bumps and evaluate for cancer, if necessary.
- Declawing—removing of your cat’s toenails to eliminate disease or behavior problems.
- Dewclaw removals—surgical removal of the extra toe located on the back of a dog’s leg.
- Ear hematomas—removal of blood pockets that form from disease or excessive scratching.
- Laceration repairs—surgically sealing deep wounds or cuts.
- Puncture/bite wound repair
- Hernia repair
- Cystotomy—surgically cutting into the urinary bladder or gall bladder
- Stenotic nares—surgically opening the nasal area to aid in breathing for snub-nosed breeds.
Ophthalmic surgeries refer to procedures performed on your pet’s eyes area. We can perform many ophthalmic surgeries such as:
- Entropion—a rolling in of the eyelid causing discharge and tearing.
- Ectropion—a rolling out of the eyelid causing pain.
- Corneal ulcers—a scratch on your pet’s cornea causing pain and tearing
- Cherry eye—a cherry-like mass on the dog’s eye caused by an enlarged tear gland.
- Enucleations—removal of the eye.
Orthopedic surgeries are performed on bones, joints, and ligaments. We have successfully completed a variety of orthopedic surgeries including:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) Repairs
- Luxating patellas (Knees)
- Leg/digit amputations
- Uncomplicated fractures
Please contact us to discuss our surgical services, or to make an appointment.